It’s 14th of March 2020. Due to #CoronaVirus, I am working home today. And, I was curious about life, the progress so far.
In this hyperconnected world, where information reaches millions in a few minutes, the FOMO(fear of missing out) gets real.
It’s has been already two months in 2020, and here I am reviewing my 2019. Well, it’s never too late to start. So, let’s take a recap of the last year of the decade.
From starting a startup, graduating, starting freelancing, shutting down the startup, joining and leaving an MNC company, making my first international trip, a lot has happened this year.
- Founded a startup in college, FrontBench. Built a community of more than 50 highly motivated students from different colleges in India to help promote the initiative. It was always my dream to startup while in college. That got completed, but the Idea is just 1% rest is how you execute. The journey was full of learning. I still don’t get regret the decision.
- Got Featured On LinkedIn.
- After the failure in a startup, I joined an MNC. Yes, I regret it. The series of events that happened that times made me insecure. However, I left it in a couple of months and joined an early age startup.
- 2019 was full of learning new technology and building. Starting from Android Development in 2017, Deep Learning in 2018 to Full Stack Web Development in 2019. I tried it all. I am not trying to be the master of all jack but explored fields according to requirement. Be a Problem Solver, not a tech stack guy.
- Gave 2 talks in a different college.
- I started journaling and writing my thoughts. It helped me a lot in reviewing my past, learning from it and connecting dots in the future. Now whenever I feel low, I just read those journals. And, I again feel motivated realizing “This too shall pass”.
- I failed to build a habit, whether it is to wake up in the morning, read books daily, meditation or exercise. I failed.
- I failed to meet some of my goals, yeah a lot of goals.
- I completed my first International trip. And, it was Lisbon Portugal. I went there to attend WebSummit 2019. t
- Traveled to Rishikesh with friends and escape drowning in Ganga.
- I learned to drive this year, drove approx 1000km from Delhi to Patna.
Reading / Writing
- Read a lot of books in 2019.
- Started Journaling, it really helped me a lot. I am thinking to do bullet journaling in 2020.
- I failed to create enough content like blogs, videos that I planned.
What do I want in 2020??
- Be the best in what I do, Software Development.
- Read at least 10 books. I will post it soon.
- Write at least 50 posts on Medium and Dev.to this year. Target to reach 1M users.
- Learn about Personal Finance, Stocks, Investment, and Capitalism.
- I want to complete a 10km Marathon.
- Learn freestyle swimming.
- I wanted to speak at more meetups/events/conferences this year. Bad Luck due to #CoronaOutbreak, I guess.
Want to see my progress 2020 progress blog, subscribe here to get an update by signing up below!
Connect with me on Twitter!
Thanks for reading! I would love to know your suggestions in a comment.